You can post a question only up to 7 days from the date of the webinar.
You can continue to post comments and stay informed, compliant, and profitable.
Close
This session has expired.
Register for our upcoming webinars & continue to get coding, compliance & reimbursement updates.
Close

Vote
3 Followers Follow
Posted By Lillian on 10-18-2018, 10:06:22 in Ob-Gyn
When documenting for a problem ob visit should it be documented in the antepartum tool as incidental to pregnancy or should it be a separate entry outside of the antepartum tool? Also can anyone clarify if V22.1 is posted for charting purposed rather than billing purposes? Ive always billed the problem dx with gestational weeks only.
Comments (4)
Posted By Melanie Witt on 10-22-2018, 16:51:22
They published this information years ago. You can now ask them coding questions directly. Go to: https://www.acog.org/About-ACOG/ACOG-Departments/Coding/Coding-Question-of-the-Month on in the right hand column at the top you will see a link to signing up to ask them questions.
Posted By Holly DeAbreu on 10-22-2018, 13:03:03
@ Melanie Witt
Do you have a link or site for the ACOG source?
Posted By Lillian on 10-18-2018, 15:23:25
I meant to post Z33.1 for incidental in case is a billable problem ob visit. Sorry for the confusion.
I did receive your message earlier. Thank you for your prompt response.
Posted By Melanie Witt on 10-18-2018, 15:18:48
Lillian, I addressed the first part of your question in a private email as you forwarded your question directly to me. As for V22.1, it is an ICD9 code for the supervision of a normal pregnancy so would not be reported at all. If your question is whether you should report the current code for supervision of a normal pregnancy (a Z34.- code), it should be posted for the visit at which the patient is being seen for her routine visit at the time of this visit (and not for any problem). You would only bill this code if you are allowed to bill the individual visit.

For those who might also be following this question, my answer to the first part of the question is as follows: A problem OB visit should always be documented separately per ACOG so that there is no doubt about the level of service should you be able to bill that visit separately either at the time of service or after delivery if the patient had more than 13 antepartum visits. Documenting in both places is just more unnecessary work.
Do you want to remove this attachment from this post?
Yes No
Do you want to add this specialty to your selected specialty list?
Yes No
To comment, please register for any of our webinars. Click here to register for our upcoming webinars.
Close
This comment will be permanently deleted. Do you still want to continue?
Yes No
Do you want to remove this comment from this discussion?
Yes No
Do you want to block this user from participating in this discussion?
Yes No
Do you want to allow this user to participate in this discussion?
Yes No
This post will not be available for further discussion/comments if deleted. Do you still want to continue?
Yes No