You can post a question only up to 7 days from the date of the webinar.
You can continue to post comments and stay informed, compliant, and profitable.
Close
This session has expired.
Register for our upcoming webinars & continue to get coding, compliance & reimbursement updates.
Close

Vote
5 Followers Follow
Posted By angie on 08-22-2018, 12:41:19 in Ob-Gyn
Our clinic is thinking of doing telehealth services.
are coding for telehealth codes 99441-99443 (phone) and 99444 (online) correct codes? I read that medicare doesn't reimburse unless HPSA correct?

I'm also confused that some payers policy state we can use 99201-99204 and 99212-99214 to bill out these services. Is that correct? example BCBS MN has those CPT codes on their policy and notes that place of service code needs to be 02.

Also can we have a waiver signed or verbal to a patient to bill them directly if insurance doesn't cover service? I know personal when I use a online virtual well they bill me if my insurance denies services.

Any insight or suggestions would be great.
Comments (1)
Posted By Melanie Witt on 10-10-2018, 17:34:44
This is one area I have had very little experience with except via community health centers (I serve on the governing board for our local federally qualified health center in rural New Mexico). You can learn all about the Medicare regulations via this MLN article: https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNProducts/downloads/TelehealthSrvcsfctsht.pdf

And I would use the advice published by private payers in deciding how to code - which mean coding differently depending on the payer - just be sure you have it in writing (BEFORE) you implement doing telehealth services). And yes, I would certainly have the patient sign an ABN that indicates that they will pay if insurance does not.
Do you want to remove this attachment from this post?
Yes No
Do you want to add this specialty to your selected specialty list?
Yes No
To comment, please register for any of our webinars. Click here to register for our upcoming webinars.
Close
This comment will be permanently deleted. Do you still want to continue?
Yes No
Do you want to remove this comment from this discussion?
Yes No
Do you want to block this user from participating in this discussion?
Yes No
Do you want to allow this user to participate in this discussion?
Yes No
This post will not be available for further discussion/comments if deleted. Do you still want to continue?
Yes No