You can post a question only up to 7 days from the date of the webinar.
You can continue to post comments and stay informed, compliant, and profitable.
Close
This session has expired.
Register for our upcoming webinars & continue to get coding, compliance & reimbursement updates.
Close

Vote
4 Followers Follow
Posted By Cathy on 01-06-2020, 14:03:26 in Ob-Gyn
Melanie, I am going to sit for the exam this year. Under references it has: Optional References: One reference of your choice

Does that mean an additional book or just a worksheet/paper reference? I was wondering if I can bring my Optum360 OB/GYN coding companion book.

Thank you!
Cathy Satkus, CPC
csatkus@harvardfamily.com
Comments (2)
Posted By Cathy on 02-17-2020, 18:37:52
Thank you Melanie!
Posted By Melanie Witt on 01-27-2020, 16:11:32
Well first, congrats on wanting to take the exam. As to what optional references they are referring to, I found this answer on the AAPC website under their COBGC page. My guess is the ob/gyn coding companion will not be allowed as it gives additional information not supplied in official manuals.

Approved Manuals for Use During Examination
Required References:
CPT® Books (AMA standard or professional edition ONLY). No other publisher is allowed.
Your choice of ICD-10-CM.
Your choice of HCPCS Level II.
Highly Recommended References:
E/M Audit Worksheet of your choice
Both CMS DGs (1995 & 1997)
Optional References:
One reference of your choice
Note:
Electronic devices with an on/off switch (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, etc.) are not allowed into the examination room. Failure to comply with this policy may result in disqualification of your exam.

Any officially published errata for these manuals may also be used. No other manuals are allowed. Each code set is updated annually; it is essential that examinees use the current calendar year's coding manuals when taking the certification exam.

Non-Approved Manuals for Use During Examination
Due to the advantages of additional information and/or ease of use, the following references cannot be used during the exam:

Any Procedural Coding Expert
Any Procedural Professional
CPT® Plus! - PMIC
CPT® Insider's View - AMA
ICD-10-CM Easy Coder
Study Guides
Do you want to remove this attachment from this post?
Yes No
Do you want to add this specialty to your selected specialty list?
Yes No
To comment, please register for any of our webinars. Click here to register for our upcoming webinars.
Close
This comment will be permanently deleted. Do you still want to continue?
Yes No
Do you want to remove this comment from this discussion?
Yes No
Do you want to block this user from participating in this discussion?
Yes No
Do you want to allow this user to participate in this discussion?
Yes No
This post will not be available for further discussion/comments if deleted. Do you still want to continue?
Yes No