You can post a question only up to 7 days from the date of the webinar.
You can continue to post comments and stay informed, compliant, and profitable.
Close
This session has expired.
Register for our upcoming webinars & continue to get coding, compliance & reimbursement updates.
Close

Vote
4 Followers Follow
Posted By Cathy on 08-16-2019, 11:37:08 in Ob-Gyn
I know that we cannot bill to repair a perforation the doctor made at the time of surgery. I want to verify the only thing I should bill for this patient is the original intended D&C ...they hystercope and laparoscopy all occurred after doctor noted the suction currette went further than expected. Report came back as complete hydatidiform mole..59870
I have attached the operative report with all PHI marked out. Thank you!
Files Attached:
Download all
  1. TCI question.pdf
Comments (1)
Posted By Melanie Witt on 08-20-2019, 19:01:16
Well many payers will not pay for iatrogenic injuries (and Medicare absolutely won't) but for the ones that so I think in this case it is worth billing and see what happens. Your Dx on the laparotomy code for the repair (59350 since this is an OB case) would be an injury complication code. You can't bill the laparoscopy since it was converted to open but that would mean that 59350 could qualify for a modifier -22. 59870 would be the correct code for the path result and in this case I would not add a diagnostic hysteroscopy as it was directly related to the bleeding (a look see as it were). No perfect answer on this one so do the best you can.
Do you want to remove this attachment from this post?
Yes No
Do you want to add this specialty to your selected specialty list?
Yes No
To comment, please register for any of our webinars. Click here to register for our upcoming webinars.
Close
This comment will be permanently deleted. Do you still want to continue?
Yes No
Do you want to remove this comment from this discussion?
Yes No
Do you want to block this user from participating in this discussion?
Yes No
Do you want to allow this user to participate in this discussion?
Yes No
This post will not be available for further discussion/comments if deleted. Do you still want to continue?
Yes No