You can post a question only up to 7 days from the date of the webinar.
You can continue to post comments and stay informed, compliant, and profitable.
Close
This session has expired.
Register for our upcoming webinars & continue to get coding, compliance & reimbursement updates.
Close

Vote
3 Followers Follow
Posted By Danielle Levy on 11-20-2019, 08:44:04 in Ob-Gyn
Melanie,
I am pretty sure I am aware of the answer but I just need clarification . Our physician performs a bilateral salpingectomy @ the same time he performs a C-section . He wants us to bill 59510 and 58700. I have never billed it that way I have billed 59510 with 58611 due to almost all insurance companies deny it for CPT & Icd-10 code mismatch . Please advise the correct way . thanks in advance
Comments (1)
Posted By Melanie Witt on 12-01-2019, 12:37:17
There is only one correct way 59510 and 58611. CPT cannot be any clearer on this issue. Also ACOG published this information also: Code 58700 (Salpingectomy, complete or partial, unilateral or bilateral (separate procedure)) should never be used to report a sterilization procedure of any sort. This code was valued to include pathological changes of the fallopian tubes that cause complications such as blocked tubes or adhesions. I am not sure why you would get an ICD10/CPT mismatch on 58611 if you are using a Dx of sterilization as this is the only purpose of this code. Granted, the reimbursement is less, but that is because you are being paid for the intraoperative portion only (no pre or post op care attached to this code). If you are getting denials on 58611, APPEAL, APPEAL, APPEAL!
Do you want to remove this attachment from this post?
Yes No
Do you want to add this specialty to your selected specialty list?
Yes No
To comment, please register for any of our webinars. Click here to register for our upcoming webinars.
Close
This comment will be permanently deleted. Do you still want to continue?
Yes No
Do you want to remove this comment from this discussion?
Yes No
Do you want to block this user from participating in this discussion?
Yes No
Do you want to allow this user to participate in this discussion?
Yes No
This post will not be available for further discussion/comments if deleted. Do you still want to continue?
Yes No