You can post a question only up to 7 days from the date of the webinar.
You can continue to post comments and stay informed, compliant, and profitable.
Close
This session has expired.
Register for our upcoming webinars & continue to get coding, compliance & reimbursement updates.
Close

Vote
0 Followers Follow
Posted By Amanda on 11-29-2005, 23:00:00 in Ophthalmology
I think I'm right but not sure...If a patient calls in to make an appt for possible Bleph lid surgery should the need to see the patient then order the visual fields in the chart before them being done. We have one doctor that wants them done both on the same day and wants the visual fields done 1st so they are there when he sees the patient.

That's not right, correct?

Amanda
Comments (5)
Posted By Becky on 01-04-2006, 22:01:00
I would perhaps bill the VF code with a 52 modifier to indicate a reduced
service.
Posted By Tawnya on 12-29-2005, 22:52:00
We did a visual field on a glaucoma pt, and tech and physician indicated the test was unreliable. Patient was uncomfortable taking vf, test was restarted- patient didn't appear to understand when to click. Can we still bill for this field, and if so do I use a modifier?? Thanks in advance. Tawnya, Medical Eye Associates, WI
Posted By Amanda on 12-16-2005, 20:40:00
Thanks!

Amanda
Posted By Amanda on 12-15-2005, 19:57:00
We recently read in the October Issue of the Coding Alert the question that was asked regarding 10-2 red visual fields. My visual field tech just came to me with a question that I can not answer and I was hoping you could.

Her question was we do a 10-2 visual field threshold with multiple isopters non red. Is it still appropriate to bill 92083?

Thanks!

Amanda
Posted By Amanda on 12-12-2005, 22:56:00
We did a visual field at the request of a PCP for a patient that had a stroke. We were suppose to just do the visual field and send it on, which is what we did. We billed the visual field with just the TC portion. Then after the PCP received the visual field they called back and asked if one of our doctors could do the interp and send him some form of communication, which we did.

My question is can we bill for the interp even though we didn't order the original test?

Thanks!

Amanda
Do you want to remove this attachment from this post?
Yes No
Do you want to add this specialty to your selected specialty list?
Yes No
To comment, please register for any of our webinars. Click here to register for our upcoming webinars.
Close
This comment will be permanently deleted. Do you still want to continue?
Yes No
Do you want to remove this comment from this discussion?
Yes No
Do you want to block this user from participating in this discussion?
Yes No
Do you want to allow this user to participate in this discussion?
Yes No
This post will not be available for further discussion/comments if deleted. Do you still want to continue?
Yes No